Our classroom elf arrived from the
freezer, North Pole.
The kids this year named her Jingle Bells. I went a little overboard with some of the little gifts she brought this year. My own kids are all grown up, so I don't get to experience that magical moment of little faces lighting up. She left two gifts a week.
- Pencils- so they could do their very best on our district writing test.
- Hot Cocoa- To warm them up on a cold day
- Candy Cane Seeds-(they were just Tic-Tacs with candy canes on them)
- Elf Hat-They looked adorable, they could wear them in class all week.
- Books for the classroom
- Lights for the classroom
- A giant gingerbread cookie- He jumped off the pan and we had to chase him around the school. We had been reading every version of the Gingerbread man/boy/babu/girl... there was
Our Gingerbread Man and our Magic Candy Cane Seeds
I was out sick one day so she left a note stating that if they were good for the guest teacher the magic seeds just might grow. When I returned, those seed magically grew into candy canes. Only one student asked me why they were all wrapped in plastic. I quickly replied it was to keep them clean from the special sparkle soil-LOL He turned his head to the side and said Hmmm.
Our lights and our Elf Jingle pointing our our Lifeskill of the week.
I'll be back with more to share of some other festivities from my last three weeks. I wish I had more pictures. I was so busy it seems that I was too busy to take photos. I need to teach the kids how to use the iPads to take pictures for me.