If you follow me on instagram, you may have seen me making my latest batch of play-doh.
As I kneaded the play-doh, it started turning dark, then darker, then black. It was late and I just didn't feel like staying up to make another batch.
The mats are from my Play Dough Number Mats
I printed them on red card stock. They can be printed on any color of paper you'd like.
Now for the recipeINGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Food coloring
1. Mix the flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a large pot.
2. Mix water, a few drops of food coloring, and oil together in a bowl, then add to the dry ingredients.
3. Cook the mixture for 3–5 minutes on low/medium heat while stirring constantly. Make sure you scrape the sides and bottom of the pot as you stir. Add more food coloring if needed.
4. The dough will start to pull away from the sides of the pot and form a ball.
5. Take it out of the pot when it begins to have a VERY faint brown skin. Place it on a counter or cutting board.
6. Knead the dough until it becomes soft and smooth.
7. When the dough is cool, store it in an airtight bag or container. I like to use frosting containers with color-coded labels.
Need some labels for your containers?
These are free in my TpT store.
You might also like