1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tarter
1 cup water
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a large pot
2. Mix water, a few drops of food coloring and oil together in a bowl, then add to dry ingrediants.
3. Cook the mixture on low/medium for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly.
4. The dough will start to pull away from the sides of the pot and form a ball. Take it out of the pot when it begins to have a VERY faint brown skin.
5. Kneed the dough until it becomes soft and smooth. You can add more food coloring at this time if need. You may want to wear gloves to prevent staining your hands.
6. when the dough is cool, store in a Ziplock bag or other air-tight container. I like to use frosting containers.