So, here are the rules. I have to tell 7 things about myself and nominate 7 more blogs for the award, so here goes...
1. I've always wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. In 7th grade I worked in a kindergarten classroom for my elective. One day there was a substitute and she asked me how to do things...me a seventh grader. I knew then this was the job for me.
2. I dislike cooking, probably because I'm not really good at it. However, I love to bake. Lemon bars and cupcakes are my specialty. During the holidays there is always something in the oven.
3. Pumpkin- anything pumpkin is a favorite of mine. I love my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I love to make pumpkin muffins with the cream cheese filling of course. Pumpkin cobbler and pumpkin ice-cream is a dangerous obsession of mine. Then there is my pumpkin fruit dip that let's just say sometimes I skip the fruit and just grab a spoon. Last but not least, I wouldn't be a pumpkin lover if I didn't like pumpkin pie and pumpkin soup.
4. I am the oldest of 7. I have 5 brothers and 1 sister. I have 3 nephews, 2 nieces and another on the way. I wish I lived closer to my family. They are 5 hours away.
5. I am a California girl who loves the warm sunny beach. My favorite beach is Avila Beach. It is on the central coast just outside of San Luis Obispo, California. It is my dream to retire there.
6. I love to shop. In stores and especially on-line. During the holidays I get to know my UPS man by name. I rarely pay full price for anything. I can always find a bargain or discount.
I LOVE to shop for shoes, purses and jewelry. Boots and ballet flats have become my newest shoe obsession.
7. I love to take photos and scrapbook. I go away at least once a year with a group of friends to scrapbook non-stop for three days. When I can't get away for long weekends, we just clear out my living room and scrapbook for 10-12 hours. I converted my guest room to a scrapbook/craft room. I have more scrapbook paper then I have pictures for.
Now for the 7 blogs I think are on fire.